Happy New Year 2011 (MMXI)



The year 2010 was (for most of us) a roller-coaster ride. Many of us experienced simultaneous ups and downs in our emotions, health, finances, family-life, careers and/or education. As we now take a retrospective look back at the goals we set for the previous year, most people I have talk to say that they actually did accomplish a great deal of the goals they set for themselves... You know: started that weight-loss program, set a budget, did more "me-time" stuff. And, we feel pretty good about that, BUT! And there is always a BUT. Then, there was the unexpected. And we were not prepared for so much of the unexpected; not all bad, just unexpected. But all-in-all, we've got so much for which to be thankful.

In the words of gospel song-writer, Edwin Hawkins: "tragedies are common place." For example: On the political front, the nation’s financial recovery has been experiencing some growth but at a mind numbing turtles pace. On the religious front, churches from mega-types to store-fronts are being rocked by legal and ethical scandal across the denominational spectrum. Across the globe, economies are crashing, whole nations are in revolt against their government, blood is being shed in the name of religion and people are still malnourished and dying of starvation. And despite all of this YOU AND I ARE STILL HERE! What a blessing!

Thanks be unto GOD that as the Called-Out of GOD; the ecclesia; the church of Jesus Christ, we know the answer! Righteousness exalteth a nation! (Proverbs 14:34) Hear the admonition of the LORD! Be thankful unto GOD and BLESS HIS NAME (Psalms 100:4); at all time let HIS praise be in your mouth (Psalms 34:1). For it is RIGHT and GOOD to give thanks unto the LORD! (Psalms 92:1) Not just by what we say but by what we do. (James 1:22)


For this is what I hear the LORD GOD saying concerning HIS people:

“I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I'll listen. When you come looking for me, you'll find me. Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I'll make sure you won't be disappointed.”

GOD's Decree: “I'll turn things around for you.” (Jeremiah 29-Message Bible)


So, at Called Out Believers In Christ Fellowship we are believing GOD and confessing...

"2011: The Year of the Blessing!"

What an absolute blessing to be alive and on the winning side!


Deweyne J. Robinson, Sr.,
lead pastor/teacher

Comments

Popular Posts